Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Afterwards...after words

Good dreary morning!
awoke early after a long rainy night..
winds gusting, 
creating unfamiliar noises, 
awakened me several times..
finally, could not lay abed any longer..
left sleeping hubby and felines three..
quickly dressed,
punched the coffee maker to on position..
grabbed Nikon to scout the neighborhood..
headed out the door..
no rain..
just hot mugginess..
winds still gusting..
clouds scudding overhead..
dreary grayness..
no visible damage anywhere..
a few palm fronds blown down..
no debris anywhere..
excellent preparations had been accomplished by all residents..
trotted around my friend Lee's house to the pier..
His was the only pier above water!
..all the others were way under water...
finally..headed back to my side of the street..
A lot of wind..gusting..very hot and muggy!
Yes..very windy indeed as shown by this beautiful maple!
am curious as to what fall colors will be showing up later on..
enjoy your day..
as shall I..
very thankful to have been spared..
once again!







3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that Isaac skirted by you like it did me! We're still having gray skies and more rain from somewhere, but I have no complaints. As for our Gulf friends who are getting the brunt of this storm, I hope they stay safe and get on to a speedy recovery.

    Lots of love coming at you, my dear Seasister…

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe in all that wind and rain. Scary time for lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "very hot and muggy"... fits my memories of South Florida to a T! And THE main thing that made my family intensely dislike (euphemism) living there! :s

    But winters are nice!

    Those piers under the water... freaky! And that churned muddy water... yikes! I hope the rest of the Gulf Coast was also spared...

    Great photos! :o)

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...