Monday, July 25, 2011

the Birthday Girl..



No intro needed..
[Mermaid+Profile+2.png]

BEACHCOMBER & BLOGGER


Florida, USA
You'll be picked up by this fella...


(definitely a Merman!!)

whisked to the party site..
But first, a Plumeria Lei..for the beautiful birthday lady..

and seated....
Our Mermaid sea sister of the heart..
a few pictures..
of then and now....








































 Can you believe it was just 60 short years ago on this very date,that our beloved heroine was born? seems like yesterday..

"As most of you know, my family had a place at Paradise Cove in Malibu when I was growing up and this is where I spent most weekends and summers. I wrote this in a post from 2009, "We had a modest home in the San Fernando Valley, so that we could also have a weekend/summer getaway at Paradise Cove in Malibu. The Cove was strictly a trailer park at that time and our neighbors included Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Edgar Buchanan and Frank Cady (both of Petticoat Junction) and many friends. We bought our trailer from Lana Turner, better known as the Sweater Girl in those days. By the time we located to The Cove, we were already known as The Lazy G's from our many years of beach camping." I have many, many wonderful memories of our time spent in Malibu" 
(quoted from the blog Shellebell's Tiki Hut"
As a child, her early life revolved around her Daddy, family ..
and the beach!
She was a movie star, often being cast in the crowd scenes in the Gidget and Beach Party movies of the 1960's!
Fast forward to Love
Marriage,
and the first of two babies!
Fast forward to the present..
photos with Daughter..
Son and his friend..
 And ever the camper, still camping .forgoing the trailer...but now  in a TENT!
I cannot remember exactly when  we first "met", just that we clicked instantly..with such intensity! 
Our love for the oceans,all creatures above and below the waters..our passion for creativity.. 
our joie de vive!! 
Humor..you bet!! We laugh, we cry, we love..and sometimes dislike with intensity creeps in..
we can be very stubborn as well as generous to a fault..
Surely there is salt water in our veins! 
Our Maker, the keeper of the stars, knew when our worlds needed to collide..
and wow! am i ever thankful he sent dear Shelle to my part of the world..
friends yes..but even more..
she is my Mermaid, sister of the sea,  and for always..
sister of my heart whom I love and adore..
sight unseen..but soon!!
Now..let the party begin..
Music Maesto!!

All your favorite music masters..
and yes, Jimmy will sing to the birthday girl..
(he has to be a Merman!)
we'll continue eating, dancing, partying.. till the sun goes down...
my toast to the sunset..
to our sisterhood..
friendship..
and to you special lady!!!
Party hard...
love you  Shelle...
for always..
Loui♥

linking to

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to our sweet Shellbelle! I'll have a glass of that champagne as we sit on the beach and listen to music! It's a happy day to all of us that are celebrating! HAVE FUN! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the vintage pictures. I just turned 61 on the 22nd. The 50's were a great decade! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great pictures of the ocean, what a wonderful time must have been had in Malibu!!!! Have a wonderful birthday celebration.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! You look gorgeous as always ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loui - You are the hostess with the mostest! So funny that I started my post with Shellbelle's family pics then started over and went another way. Then I see the awesome pictorial you put together. As Rhonda would say - You don't rock - you shell!

    Take good care,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Loui, you have made my birthday so incredibly special by pulling all my blogging friends together to celebrate this milestone birthday. I am in awe of your spirit, your soul and your very essence. Indeed, we were meant to come together as Sister of the Sea and of the Heart. You will always be my forever friend and so very dear to me.

    You've brought such loving memories to me today, of family and friends and for that I want to thank you. You have made my day be filled with smiles, giggles and tears. Tears of joy, of course!

    Only you could pull these last three posts together, for you know me so well and all the things that matter to me. I am truly honored to call you my friend and my sister.

    I.simply.love.you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bday again! Wow! So much fun!

    You did a great job, Loui! (The hostess must be exhausted ;o)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the amazing post you did for dear Rhonda.
    Best Wishes from England
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loui, what an amazing and wonderful Birthday surprise for Shelle!

    She is so thrilled ... and I think this came at just the perfect time.

    I'm a July girl too - turned 59 Sunday before last! Now remind me ... when do I get to feel like a grownup?

    Thanks for visiting, and your (as always) lovely comment. You are a dear.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful birthday party! I don't know how to do the official linky, but I did post here:
    http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday-shellbelle.html

    This was such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful post to celebrate such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loui~
    YOU ROCK!!!!
    Really.. that is all I can say!
    BRILLIANT!!!!
    xoxo
    Gypsea Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a great blog!! enjoyed all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure know how to throw a birthday bash!!! This is THE sweetest! Happy Birthday to Shellbelle!
    ps- Sorry I was late to the party- I hope I didnt make you clean up again.;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey that's really a great post and a wonderful description out here, I really like the way things are being executed and discussed here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really appreciate your cost-effective style. These are pieces of very useful reality that will be of perfect use for me in coming.


    DTC eligibility

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...