Friday, July 22, 2011

You are cordially invited..



To a surprise virtual birthday party!
on Monday July, 25, 2011


the guest of honor is a secret..
but all of you know her very well..
Like me..she is a Mermaid..

loving all things coastal.
wet, watery, 
a bit on the "wild" side..
not really wild.. 
but her drum has a different beat for marching..
our mystery lady  was born on the opposite coast from me..
she spent many years on a California coast..
(was only away from the water once  when in Arizona!)
a song was written in her honor?
she has ties to all things southern..
loves delicious seafood..
especially in little out of the way places..
she hails from a military background..
married a Vietnam vet..
two children..
I've never heard her speak of pets..
however, she loves all critters as gifts from above..
is creative,so delightfully funny..
but is dearly serious about preserving our our planet and its oceans..
she is such a talented, remarkable , loving person..
and to me... 
she is  my mermaid sister of the sea, sister of my heart..


                "The tide recedes, but leaves bright seashells on the sand,
                 The sun goes down, but leaves its warmth upon the land,
                 The music stops, but lives on in sweet refrain,
                 For everything that passes, something beautiful remains. "

                                ~*~
Please RSVP by blogging with a beachy post..
(anytime between now and Monday)
include HAPPY SURPRISE BIRTHDAY  wishes..
be sure to a link back to me..
Mountain Mermaid
this can be anything relating to the beach..
of a favorite beach..
place, activity, attire, food, drink ,memory..
photos would be awesome!
let's see who comes closest to guessing her  Identity..
which will be revealed on Monday 
                              ~*~
There will be a gift from me to the lucky winner...
hope to see you there!!!
Linking to these fun parties:
Pink Saturday
BlueMonday

24 comments:

  1. Hi - What a sweet idea for a dear Mermaid friend (I think I might know who it is ;o) !!!- In the meantime - to link back up? What do I do???

    Best wishes in the meantime!
    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning cake - this is a real masterpiece. I also loved your poem. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise for your friend. I love the beach and all things Pink! Thanks for the visit to my blog and I'm going to explore more of your posts!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know..I know! And I will be joining in the fun! Let's get this party started! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely PS presentation today. Your party looks like fun ... will be back.

    Happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Loui - out all day - will post manana/Suanday for the mermaid party link up!
    Such a sweet idea!

    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI LOUI - I POSTED THE MERMAID BDAY AND PUT YOUR LINK UP ON MY BLOG - I hope this linked up to you correctly?

    Please feel free to check it to make sure!
    Excited for your Friend!

    Happy Seaside Sunday!
    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very sweet!! I'll be sure to send a little birthday sweet wish her way:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch, Lou and thank you for the invitation. I will link to the Marina post, from over this weekend.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://backporchmusings.typepad.com/blog/2011/07/friday.html

    This is the link to the Marina post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I know Loui!! I plan to stop by on her facebook page..., and post a birthday cake..., or, hmmmm, will see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun! I'll get some beachy birthday pics posted this weekend! Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loui - you are the hostess with the most-est!

    http://theessentialbeachcomber.blogspot.com/2011/07/hauoli-la-hanau-shellbelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there - I posted with a link..is there going to be a link site set up to join? So nice of you to do this for Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Loui!
    So glad you have this virtual party started...You are, as Kaybe says, the hostess with the most-est!
    I've attached a link to your blog on my SHELLBELLE post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Loui!
    You are a doll for throwing this shellbelle birthday party!! i sent her my birthday wishes early this morning!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet-I'm having a party for her too. Yey

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun idea!! Posted a link here:

    http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday-shellbelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. My darling Sister of the Sea, you are A M A Z I N G! I can't believe you've done all this for me, I cried so hard when I read this, I think we'll have to add another sea to hold all the tears of joy you've brought to me. I adore you and am so proud to call you friend.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice of you to do this! I did a post with a link back! Our birthday friend is a sweetheart. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet of you! I just found you off of your mystery mermaid birthday girls blog. Love the photos, now that's what I call a party! I am now one of your newest followers too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Loui~ I have been hiding under my clam shell and had no idea...
    I am late...or I would have sooooooo loved to have participated!
    I must go send birthday wishes!!!!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness I missed her surprise birthday too but did "talk" to her a bit online! Gotta love that woman and fellow lover of the sea. By the way I too am a misplaced mermaid, living surrounded by the mountains of Utah. Sometimes it is hard is it not?

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...