Emotional Christmas Gifts.....well said by a good friend of mine.-
To yourself....respect, confidence, faith and fortitude.
- To a family member....communication and understanding, even if there has been pain.
- To a friend....a heartfelt and caring spirit.
- To our natural world, animal and plant life....protection and preservation.
- To a good cause....generosity of time and treasure and ardent advocacy.
- To a traveler....an open door of hospitality.
- To our military forces, First Responders and their loved ones...
honor, support and appreciation.
- To the ill and hurting....conscientious concern and healing comfort.
- To the hungry and homeless.
compassion, emergency services and creative community solutions.
- To the abused, neglected and abandoned....representation, security and hope.
- To someone with a special challenge....recognition and acceptance.
- To the addicted and troubled....a positive path to recovery.
- To an infant and toddler....attention, attachment and safety
- To a child or teen....patience, guidance and a positive example.
- To a parent in need....a helping hand and guidance.
- To an elder....reverence, gratitude and dignified care.
- To a customer or client....excellent service and lasting value.
- To everyone you see, friends and strangers alike..
a warm smile, acts of kindness and positive energy.
- To people of every age....unconditional love.
- To all the peoples of the world....justice and peace.
" I really need to give Jack Levine of 4Generations
credit for that beautiful list of Emotional Christmas gifts.
He has lobbied for children in Tallahassee for a very long time.
If you are a grandparent check out 4Generations online."
Thanks Sarah Franklin Fetters,for sharing!
Levine, 60, is founder of 4Generations Institute, which advocates bridging the generations for the betterment of all age groups. He served as president of Voices for Florida’s Children for 25 years. He holds a master’s degree in Child Development and Family Studies from Purdue University.
Contact him at Jack@4Gen.org or call (850)567-5252.