Friday, December 11, 2009

Pink..Saturday

Greetings from Panama City Florida....

Most of you dear blogging friends know that I have been in Florida for the past week..

Visiting my sister and supposedly doing all sorts of neat stuff!

some of which I did accomplish with a flourish..
but by mid-week,my enthusiasm as well as stamina had both gone down the drain..
I awoke with a terribly sore throat, which rapidly became a horrific case of bronchitis!
so..I have been ingesting antibiotics every 4 hours,

washed down with hot honey -lemon tea,

followed with Advil chasers..
yesterday had to have been the humpday..
sneezing and blowing my nose,

I sweated, I froze and slept inbetween medicine doses...
today has been much better..
but the weather here has been dreary and damp..so inside I stayed.

I still sound as though I've eaten a frog..

but at least I can converse somewhat..

I will be winging my way back to Denver on saturday..

having missed most of the sub artic deep freeze!

With a projected temperature of 45 degrees and my health somewhat restored..
one could easily say I am in the pink!

Next stop..Denver Colorado..ready or not..here I come!
But you..wing yourself on over Beverly's How Sweet the Sound more Pink Saturday fun..

4 comments:

  1. So... having fun yet in the Sunshine State? Sorry you've been sick. Blame it on the warm weather -- it allows those danged germs to multiply!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that is the pits, Loui, but if you had to be sick, isn't it nice to have family around. So sorry about illness and weather, it has been the same here.

    Hope the rest of your visit is great and have a safe trip home.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Here you are in Florida and our weather has not been very warm or welcoming. So sorry you've been ill. Every little cold I get turns to bronchitis, so I really do know how miserable it can be. Glad you're "in the pink" and hope next time you come to Fl we'll greet you with sunshine and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, come on and admit it, Loui, we know you went south to avoid those very low temps up there in Denver!!!! Hope you get well soon and arrive home safely!

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...