Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friends..the flowers of my Garden..

As I sit here..reading blogs..catching up on the latest happenings in your worlds..
it was an intriguing thought..
how each of your names immediately bring forth an image..
uniquely given you by me..
take for instance..
Shellebelle..
immediately the image of PINK tropical flowers..
on the beach..
Plumeria or Frangipani..which she adores..
or Southern Laginappe..
Janie reminds me of the wonderful old southern charmer..
the beautiful yet delicate Magnolia..

so evocative of gracious, genteel  Southerness..
Dorothy of Counting My Blessings./
Zinnias and butterflies..

and Becky from holiday in the sun..I think of  Hibiscus.

reds , yellows, pinks ..all a colorful mix of fun, fiesta and frolic..
and Jen..from Muddy Boot Dreams..
I picture her in the mud with Sunflower yellow boots potting seedlings at the nursery..

or @  Blu oom, chilling with blue flowers of every description and shade in blue and white pots.
.
Then Smiling Sally enters my reverie with her love of all things blue..

and my dear sweet friend Kat.. all bubbly and sunshiny golden..
I think of sweet daisies with their summery attire of sun hats..


Kat is definitely a  beach child and lover of sunshine..
and Red  Rancullas immediately brings to mind Brenda.

so cheerful in her Cozy Little House extending the warmest of welcomes to all..
and we cannot forget Purple...

Irises remind me of .Barb at the Purple Goat Lady.
and DJ..Barrier Island Girl..
Knockout Roses for her Island home..


Maya..is much like myself..

a beach lover, shell seeker..all things coastal

and of course Kat at Low Tide High style..
who introduced me to Hartwood Roses..

I know there are many I have not specifically mentioned..
but each of you bring so much laughter joy and color to my world..
summer-flower.jpg
Know my garden is rich beyond compare for the flowers of friendship you each bring!
giverny-iris.jpg
warmest sandy hugs..
Loui♥

11 comments:

  1. I always remember your love of the warm sunshine and sandy beaches Loui. A very sweet post indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Loui, this is the sweetest post ever! Isn't our blogging world just like a garden — growing friendships and blossoming love.

    I often think of how different my life would be without all the friends I've made online.

    Loui, my sister of the sea, you are so very dear to me. Now every time I look the plumerias in my yard I will think of you.

    Hugs and flowers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou,
    No wonder that you think of Zinnias and Butterflies....I've posted so many of them!
    Guess What! I don't have Zinnias this year! And probably no Butterflies! My sister has been tending my flowers and she said they were pretty,,,many shades of pinks, white, blues and purples. She thought I had coordinated them...NOT. Just planted colors I like. I hope the butterflies are enjoying the butterfly bush I bought for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet way to honor your friends. I love the flowers - and it's so special that you chose this way to think of them. I'm a new follower. :) Thanks for signing up for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laugh, and love it when you finish your comments with warm sandy hugs. When I think of you, it's as bare footprints left behind in warm white sand. A friend that dropped in, and left behind laughter, and good vibes.

    This is a truly memorable post, not because you mentioned me, but because it's creative, and fresh!

    Hugs to you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post! You my friend are a whole bouquet of pretties!

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Have a beautiful weekend -

    Christina

    http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post! And you are right -- the names of our blogger friends DO conjure up our images of them ... I wonder how accurate those images are?

    Like, do you know that I am a 6-foot tall supermodel?

    Hahahahahaha.... yeah.
    Imagine that. :-P

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative & fun post!! I knew exactly which Maya you were talking about when I saw the starfish!! Have a great day ~ love your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Loui! You are so sweet! I have a hibiscus right outside my breakfast nook window!! It completely froze over the winter here, but it's coming back! It will be up to the roof line again soon, I'm sure, and bursting with big PINK blooms!

    It is soooo incredibly sad about the beach. It makes my heart sooo heavy for all the people affected by it. Hopefully they will get some sort of grip on it soon.

    So glad we're friends, gal!
    You're so sunshiney!
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Loui, what a precious post. So completely heartwarming!!!!

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...