Tuesday, June 1, 2010

just checking in..

Whew!
What a whirlwind of a week!
After returning from the Alabama trip,
Six hard hours up,
a busy day of tromping through underbrush on my lakefront property,
and then another six long hard driving hours to return to Panama City..
in time to attend a wedding!
On Saturday morning, we busily cleaned and prepared Sis's house for company..
Everyone came to meet Lisa, my daughter,and her daughter McKenzie.
(they drove straight down from Nashville)

For someone who had NO real relatives..
to meeting new Aunts, Uncles, Cousins..
and even second Cousins..
She was delighted!!
and they of her!
She is now over at her Brother's visiting with them..
(probably for peace and quiet!!)
but we did go out to the beach..
loved feeling the sand between my toes again..
and I drug my feet through the sand..
just to hear the SQUEAK!
have never heard it anywhere else on any other beach!
NO OIL ANYWHERE!..
not even the smell...
I was in heaven..
salt air..sand, gorgeous sparkly water..

and she found TWO nice Sanddollars..

..and a BAG of shells..
and I GOT SUNBURNED!

today.. am meeting Nancy Grace for lunch..
[California+2008+083.jpg]
(probably won't eat a thing..just gabbing away!)
and tomorrow..I will meet up with Kat ..
from Just a BeachKat..
My Photo
am totally enjoying my vacation/business trip..
checked in at home..
all furbabies are doing just fine!
Hope everyone had a wonderful, safe holiday..
I know  I did!!!
warmest sandy hugs to all!
Loui

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds like you're having a marvelous time! I went to my cousin's as you know and we gabbed so much and went out so I could look at bikes and she could buy a gas grill — we never made it to the beach! Can you believe that?

    Meeting blogging buddies? That is so cool! I know one day we'll meet, I just know it.

    Have a ball, like there's any doubt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelle..
    the first shell i picked up..
    I kissed it and flung it as far out to sea as I could..
    with a prayer that you might find it one day..
    that with a message of friendship..
    and that we would one day meet.. for real..
    in PERSON!
    hugs.. smiles..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are having a busy good time!!! I didn't know you had a daughter too.
    Forget the suntan lotion?? ;) The sun is soooo different in Arizona I think. No sunburns on us last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like a great visit! Say, how do you know Nancy Grace??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to be at the beach again! I just love it. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...