Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In celebration..


"This year’s theme focuses on our ocean’s great diversity of life and how we can all help in its conservation. Since everyone has a favorite ocean animal, we are interested in connecting their favorite species with what they can do to help conserve our world's ocean. 
Pick your favorite and protect it - try to pick just one favorite; it’s hard! 
We can help motivate people to take conservation action: 
Together, we can make a difference!" 


a friendly hello..
perdido-key-June4-b by visitpensacola.
My beautiful Gulf of Mexico...
no-oil-spill-051310a by visitpensacola.
Enjoying surf fishing..
~Little Surfer Boy~
another beautiful sunset for a tiny surfer..,



Oysters had been my original post for this event..
but Shelle.. beat me to it!!
please click this link to visit Shellebelle's Tiki Hut to learn more.
about OYSTERS.
You will be greatly surprised.. I was!

The Ocean Project has ask two things of us today. 
*First, wear blue in honor of the ocean.
 *Secondly, tell people two things they likely don't know about our ocean and how they can help. 
I've shared one with you, do you know another?


My biggest pet peeve: LITTER..
My solution for keeping our beautiful emerald waters and sugary white sand litter free:
so simple and easy..
whatever you bring with you...
be sure to take your trash  back with you..

and if someone else' litter was left, pick it up also..
plastics especially..
They are easily tossed about by those wonderful ocean breezes..
and can bob along the waves..
to be mistaken as scrumptious jelly fish hor d'oerves by sea turtles..
who are already on the endangered list..
Sea Turtle
and we all know what happens when ingested..
they die.. 
and not a merciful quick and easy death.. 
after all .. this is OUR beach..
 yours and mine. 
as well as the birds above and fishes and turtles below..





Thank you all for celebrating World Oceans Day with me..
 and a big shout out to Cris of Here and There and Everywhere 
for hosting the 2nd Annual Oceanic Blog-A-Thon
Visit the link to read Cris' entry, see  who else is participating..
 and even add a link of your own!


Tomorrow..sadly I leave Paradise..
winging my way westward..
happily.. homeward..
to Denver...
carrying a heart full of memories..


warm sandy oil free hugs..
laughing smiles...
Loui♥



8 comments:

  1. Oh, litter is my biggest pet peeve too..., or say the "consume and throw-away culture".
    It would never ever occur to me to leave trash behind anywhere..., and I don't know what the mind state is that makes people do that, I'd rather not know actually, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louie!

    I just saw your comment over at the Tikki Hut and realised that you had written a post for World Oceans Day as well! You haven't sent me the link but since you mention the Blog-A-Thon in your post I take it your participating and I can link up to you? I'm preparing my summary and editing the post now, if you don't want me too let me know and I can take it down...

    But if as it seems you are joining us, then WELCOME! and thx for participating! Those are some lovely photos! (and I'm so jealous of the sea turtle encounter!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did a Florida beach girl who currently lives in the mile-high city end up in Spain?!?! I'm curious! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up my oyster post, sorry, great minds think alike!

    This is a wonderful post and a nice reminder to folks to not liter our gorgeous shorelines. I'm sorry you have to leave, but know the memories will be with you for a lifetime.

    I'll be looking for that seashell from my sister of the sea!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post!
    I too get upset when people litter...how can you not take care of the only place we have?!?!?
    Sad you have to leave.....
    But there is always next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing.. love the sea turtle photo. This is the sort of setting one could stay in forever..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and following! I am following you back. I hate litter too! Nice to meet you. Have a great weekend. Good luck on the giveaway!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually got tears in my eyes as I gazed at the beauty that has been destroyed by the oil spill. I have never had the opportunity to walk along the beaches of the Gulf... and now, I may never have the chance to see what you shared in these photos. It's so sad...

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...