Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Monday!

After a WET and Wild weekend,
Monday has arrived with a glorious promise..
at least for the moment..
I'm hearing the same old tired song with these lyrics:
"Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 86F with a heat index of 91F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.Rain or not..
too much on my agenda to let anyone dampen my spirits or rain on my parade..

After losing my beautiful Cat Ballou this past Friday..

Saturday found me following through with already made plans..
Volunteered at Pet Smart for Paws 'n Claws Kitty Adoptathon..



What a rewarding experience! To play with, cuddle, pamper and love fuzzy feline furbabies for three hours!
Met some of the nicest folks with such adorable childen..

all out on a wet Saturday..
In memory of Ballou, I will be volunteering as often as possible..
On the way home, stopped to check out a new place..
... Blue Heron,fine gifts..
such a variety of beautiful artworks of different mediums..
paintings,pottery,jewelry, castings.. I fell in love! You will also!


WOW! so glad I did! Met the owner,Dennis who allowed me free reign with the Nikon.. They too are animal lovers.. will be featuring a charity event in September for the Humane Society..
Now I'm off to join Sally and Susan the crew for
Blue Monday
Mosaic Monday

4 comments:

  1. What a terrific new shop you've discovered!

    Thanks for playing.

    Happy Blue Monday, Loui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear Cat Ballou (what a wonderful name!). She would be so proud and pleased that you were able to channel your loss and emotions into doing so much good for cats who didn't have the wonderful home that she had.

    Bless you, my friend -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost your cat. It's so difficult, isn't it? We lost our black lab over the winter and we still miss her. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooooh I love the glass. I want the turtles. I would decorate around that theme......the little jelly fish.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...