Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday..Colors or lack of..




Drizzle
37°F
Current: Drizzle
Wind: N at 15 mph
Humidity: 100%
Wed
Showers
47° | 41°
Thu
Chance of Showers
58° | 40°


Looking out my window..
I see wetness..

not the soft, gently falling spring rain..
more the cold gray raw and wintery wet day..
a mix of rain, slushy snow..and sleet..
a day calling for a warm blazing fire in the fireplace..

steamy hot cup of tea or cocoa on the side table..
an open book on the lap coverlet..

snuggly socks..
and furbabies nestled nearby..


all to the soothing sounds of beautiful music..
this is my picture of reality..
HOWEVER...
In my mind's eye..
I SEE COLORS!!!..

beachy colors of home..


sunshiny yellows....
puffy white marshmallow clouds..
sailing across the bluest of skies..
emerald greenish to turquoise waters..

dotted with sailboats wearing colorful sails..
folks frolicking or just being..

colorfully bedecked in rainbow shades..

against the shimmering whites of beach sand..
back to reality..
time for a refill..
now a snow hail mix..
ahhhhh the joys of Colorado in the springtime....
but..this is today..
tomorrow will be brighter..
and warmer...
sunshiny...
with the colors of Colorado springtime FLOWERS
and..with very low humidity!!!
YAY!
Check what's happening in these worlds..
Outdoors Wednesday
Watery Wednesday
White Wednesday
Without Words
Rednesday

4 comments:

  1. Loui...I feel your pain! We have had record breaking rain in our state. It was starting to affect my mental state. :)
    We've had two sunny days in a row, and I am beside myself!
    I hope you get your sunny day soon...
    xoxo
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look so COOL! And here it was 94 degrees today! Hot! And summer is more than a month away!
    Love that white sand and blue/green water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Michigan, we had have more rain than sunshine for the months of April and May so far..Many fantastic photos to see though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! That is not the kind of wetness you're supposed to be seeing out your window!

    It is supposed to be kind of wetness in the photos further down in this post. There is no doubt in my mind that when you close your eyes, those are the images and colors you see. It is the mermaid in you that brings them to your mind's eye and embeds them in your heart.

    I had to laugh when I saw your response to my comment. Yes, we were "building character" and you're one of my very most favorite characters!

    Love you, still trying to send some sunshine your way! I know I can, I know I can…

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...