Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sunday Favorites..



Previously Posted December 13, 2009..
in honor of my sister's 60th birthday
I surprised her by flying home  to Florida..
just to celebrate her birthday....

Monday A to Z Backwards..D

D....so many choices..but for me..so easily decided!
D..is for December..the most delightful time of the year!
Decorations, declarations..dancing dolls, drummers..
Diane!
my sister..my best friend!
The third sibling of four, a welcome relief to me after the brother..
Born on December 7..Pearl Harbor day..years later..
a real live playmate..she with the dark mysterious laughing eyes..
Being the eldest,I tested the waters of parental boundaries..
Diane, the sweet, quiet shy sister..observed and learned..quickly!
We grew up..lived our lives..
She, the healer, maintained the hearths of home..
Always a welcoming beacon for me the traveler..
Over the years, I've been her biggest and loudest cheering fan..
Achievements..she has many firsts of which to be proud.. 
College graduate,Master's degree, Registered Nurse..
all accomplished on her own with no monetary assistance from family..
Devoted Mother to Aaron..
Community leader, dear and faithful friend to many..
So each December we first celebrate her birthday..
this one was no exception..
Cupcakes and candles work just fine..
before moving full swing into the myriad of holiday activities..
My trip to Florida was just that..to share yet another birthday with her..
A simple beach affair around a fire..
to toast sunset..
Her dear and cherished friends and I..
to wish her many,many more happy birthdays..
a sunset to remember the day we celebrated your day with you..
on that chilly December nite in Florida..as smoke got into our eyes..
...which rapidly turned into your birthday wish come true..
I love you little sis..and the beautiful intelligent woman you've become!
Happy Birthday from the bottom of my heart!!!

Please join Chari at Happy to Design for more Sunday Favorites..
and while there, be sure to enter her  giveaway!
have a wonderful Sunday..
Hugs..
Loui♥

4 comments:

  1. What a special relationship you have with your sister! That is definitely a blessing. Your photos of the sun are absolutely incredible!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new bloggers (at least, new to me). And it's always wonderful meeting another Floridian...even transplanted ones. I'll be stopping by again...
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your sister! She looks as lovely as you described her to be. She is fortunate to have been blessed with a sister like you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how special! I have two sisters and we're very close.

    I didn't publish you comment about when you would be here because your phone numbers were on them....I will be calling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a loving tribute to Diane, Loui. I know she feels very blessed to have you as her sister.

    Thank you for the sweet and gracious comments you leave for me at Southern Lagniappe. They are sincerely appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...