Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've Been Tagged!


Recently, my friend Cindy at Letters from Midlife tagged me to answer
some unique questions.
Here are the questions.. and my responses.


1. Who would you like to see in concert and have a backstage pass to meet?
Music is something which I've enjoyed all my life.. from the earliest days while sitting in my Dad's lap listening to the Grand Old Opry on our wooden radio! Ive listened to the big band era with the Dorseys and Glen Miller..growing up like any teenie bopper, I swooned with Frank Sinatra, only to be replaced with Elvis! So choosing just one would be very hard.. how about from the living, Elton John because he is so versatile in his talent or George Strait ,, his  beautiful clear voice conveys every emotion.. from the departed, Elvis at an earlier stage in life, or Michael Jackson the genius he became. I'd seen him earlier when he was just an unknown  tyke at the Forum with Diana Ross!

2. What one skill would you like to possess that you can't already do?
I do have a green thumb, but would love to be a better gardener! Maybe even a Master Gardener teaching and sharing my knowledge and passion for beautiful plants!

3. What fictional character (from books or movies) would you like to meet?
Agatha Christie's Miss Marple..the delightful British snoop with a nose for a good mystery! Or maybe Peter Pan.. because I too NEVER want to grow up!
4. Where would your dream home be located?
What a hard choice! Having been a Navy Officer Wife, I've had the opportunity to live on some of the most breathtaking waterfront properties around the world! Having grown up on the Florida panhandle Gulf coast which is truly a paradise in itself,currently living in the spectacular  Mile High City of Denver, Colorado , the obvious choice would be BOTH! Florida in the winter..and Denver in the summer!
5. If you could switch careers or start one for the first time, what would you like to do?  
I'd adore being a talented, much sought after professional photographer!
I love my cameras and am continually trying to improve my efforts.Most of my past working years was spent behind a desk in the banking industry. With the crash of the economy and the loss of my job, that profession no longer feeds my passion economically nor creatively as does photography.
6. If money, responsibility and fear weren't considerations, what one great adventurous thing would you attempt?
I would love to visit as many countries on this planet as possible, using my photographic skills as a medium for the languages and documentation for a wonderful book of my adventures..destined to be a #1 bestseller on the NY times List! and of course these travels would be made as I expertly pilot my own plane!!
7. What Biblical event would you like to witness?
Would have loved watching the creation of Adam and Eve..but more than that would have loved knowing Jesus from birth,watching as the inquisitive child evolved/transitioned into a man with a mission,,and lastly, the Resurrection! 
Thanks Cindy for asking me to participate. That was fun which required some deep thought! .
I've followed you for quite some time, admiring your wit and wisdom as well as political views. You keen outlook on current events,with your ability to uniquely and fearlessly express your opinion simply amazes me!  Meeting you in person, as I have with several other bloggers, is a  hope of mine,  knowing  the meeting would be full of laughter filled  great conversational topics!warm sandy hugs.. Loui♥

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in this. I really enjoyed getting to know you better through your answers! I think it would be fun to meet Miss Marple too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, Lou. Some of your questions and answers went up under your sidebar. Hope I didn't miss much!

    Hey, my verification word was 'SURFZ'! Does that mean you are going to FL to see the surfs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your answers. Good job.

    Happy weekend hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...