Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thriftiness..

Last evening, tired and hungry..
not wanting to cook..
decided to run up to KFC..
but needing to pick up computer stuff.. 
I first popped into a place many folks run to..
one of the box stores which carries just about ..

anything and everything from A to Z..
Apples in the grocery section..

also Apple  wine, sauce, air freshener,soaps..
and everything in between..


ending with Z's...
Zebra striped pj's..bags.sandals, linens..etc!
you catch my drift..
anyway..
stopping just inside the door at the dollar bins..


seeing the usual coloring books, socks ,plastics.
Hello Kitty, Dora,Super Heros..
Hello! be still my heart..
Seahorses, Sea fans, Starfish...
Beach STUFF!
for the next few moments/minutes..
who even tries to keep track of TIME?
so busy was I making my selections.

tissue paper..note cards..sticky notes..
note pads.. gift bags..
my tired mind was suddenly so ALERT!
fresh with ideas ..
so many PERSONAL uses for this stash of STUFF..
all from Target..
altho searched the bargain bins..
never found a single 4th of July thing!

Yes..I did get my computer stuff..

and the KFC?

will be a super long time before I return there..
hungry or not!!
PS.. a warm welcome shout-out to all you NEW followers..

thanks for finding me..
stopping to read my posts..
both current and past...
once this house closing, move,and settlement are over and done..

there will be a pop quiz..
nope just kidding..
August will mark 4 years of blogging bliss for me..
I propose a celebration, complete with GIVEAWAY..

something I've never really done..
but definitely WANT to do as my way of saying Thanks..

to each of you who've followed along..
finding______________(you choose a word to fill in)
til then..
enjoy this day we have been given..
that is why it is called "The Present"..
a gift from our Maker!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I do believe you were one happy girl in that store! Glad you had a great shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa babee!!!! thanks for the targee info...I'm always needing lil gifts and notecards of the sea!! Will be by there after holiday.
    Have a happy 4th sweet louie! (thought of you today when I was buying 25 lbs of St. Louis ribs!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We know how much you love beach stuff! :)
    Hope you have a great 4th...
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen those in our Target! I'll have to take a look next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now I need to go to Target! You found good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder if our local Target has those great ideas? Hmmmm...

    Can't wait until you're here...at least close by.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some, dear Loui!!!
    Yes, I saw these beauties a few weeks ago, but it was already so picked over! How fun....I was also very excited to see this collection, but there were only a few pieces left.
    So glad you can enjoy them!
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to Target in a long time! Now I can't wait to go! I love all of this pretty stuff! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

welcome to my world of salty sunkissed breezes..
where time is not measured..
linger leisurely..
sift sugary white sand between your toes..
Make and take those wonderful memories..
leaving behind..only your footprints...